As the state's peak environmental organisation since 1955, the Nature Conservation Council of NSW (NCC) proudly represents more than 100 local and regional environment groups. NCC works closely with its member groups, local communities, government and business to protect, sustain and conserve the NSW environment.
If you belong to a non-government conservation organisation operating in NSW we would be delighted to have your group apply for NCC membership. It is only through broad-based membership that we can provide a representative and united voice to protect our rural and urban environments.
Membership gives you access to the services and support of the NCC, and helps you liaise with other like-minded groups and conservation networks. You will also have your own free NCC web page to publicise, promote and link to your activities and receive our fortnightly e-newsletter, Nature News.
- no fees for new members until July 2014
- discounted public liability, product and volunteers insurance
- exclusive information from NCC via the members email group
- assistance with media release distribution when possible
- advice regarding campaigning, advocacy and governance issues facing your group
- the latest news from Nature News, our fortnightly newsletter
- promotion of your group's activities in Nature News
- opportunity to submit motions and have input into NCC's policies at our annual conference
- NCC advise key decision-makers at a local, state and national level, providing an avenue for campaigning on core issues facing your group
- promotion of your group on the NCC website
- discount rates and priority access to NCC events
- NCC guest speakers for your group's meetings and events (depending on availability)
- training workshops that can be tailored to your group's needs
- use of NCC facilities including meeting room, equipment and computers
Applying for membership
To apply for NCC membership, simply download and complete the form at the end of this page, and return to us along with a copy of your Constitution or Charter. You can also view a list of other NCC member groups here.
If you do not have a Constitution or Charter, a statement outlining your group's 'Aims and Objectives' and activities will suffice. Please also tell us the number of members in your organisation. We recommend that new member groups have at least 10 members and that your group is incorporated.
Membership applications are considered at our monthly Executive meetings. On approval of your membership, annual fees become payable. Please note that annual fees will be waived for your first year of membership (up until July 2014). Fees after that are based on the number of members each group has, or the category under which membership is sought. Please refer to the membership clauses in the enclosed NCC Constitution for more details and to the Schedule on the back page for current rates.
For more information about NCC membership or the work of the Nature Conservation Council please contact our Outreach Officer, Louise Kiddell (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9516 1488).
|Become a member of NCC.pdf||7.44 MB|
|New Member Application form_2013-2014.pdf||784.88 KB|